Entertainment How to watch Strictly Come Dancing 2022 online and on TV from the UK and abroad now
How to watch Strictly Come Dancing 2022 online and on TV from the UK and abroad now
Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman return to present another year of sequins and barely buttoned up shirts as the Strictly Come Dancing Class of 2022 take to the Elstree Studio ballroom. Turning their hand (and a toe or two) to ballroom and Latin numbers, couples will try contemporary, street, or theatre as a part of their couple’s choice. Following in the footsteps of last year’s winners Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice, here’s how to watch Strictly Come Dancing 2022 online and live on TV now from anywhere as the latest contestants, now in couples, begin their journeys.
As always, Strictly Come Dancing producers have cast a line-up of celebrities that perfectly embody British talent. These include paralympic swimmer Ellie Simmonds, and comedian Jayde Adams.
Kym Marsh, who soared to fame in noughties band Hear’Say, manufactured by talent show Popstars, is best known for her role as Michelle Connor on Coronation Street. And she’s not the only Soap star taking to the dance floor. Will Mellor (Corrie, Hollyoaks, Casualty) and James Bye (EastEnders) will be hoping to get the starring role as Strictly’s 2022 winner as well.
It’s fair to say Fleur East has been around the houses when it comes to reality TV, but now the former X Factor and I’m a Celeb contestant finds herself on Strictly Come Dancing, ready to not so much play that sax but instead dance to it.
Throwing in loose woman, Kaye Adams, for good measure, find out who each celebrity is coupled up with and how to tune in to watch Strictly Come Dancing 2022 online wherever you are in the world.
How to watch Strictly Come Dancing online FREE in the UK
How to watch Strictly Come Dancing online when abroad
For anyone abroad right now who still wants to experience the glitz and glam of Strictly, you might struggle from outside of the UK. But don’t let geo-restrictions come between you and your weekly fix of ballroom dancing.
Simply downloading and installing a VPN to your device will let you watch Strictly Come Dancing on the BBC iPlayer from anywhere. A VPN effectively tricks your device into thinking it’s in another location by changing the IP address to elsewhere in the world.
Three simple steps to using a VPN to watch Strictly Come Dancing
1. Download and install a VPN – we recommend ExpressVPN
2. Connect to the relevant server location – launch the VPN app, click on ‘choose location’ and select the right location i.e. UK for iPlayer
3. Head to the chosen broadcaster’s live stream – in this case, head to the BBC iPlayer (opens in new tab)
Strictly Come Dancing contestants 2022
- Will Mellor (Actor)
- Kym Marsh (Actress)
- Richie Anderson (Radio 2 presenter former footballer)
- Kaye Adams (Loose Women panellist and broadcaster)
- Jayde Adams (Comedian)
- Ellie Simmonds (Broadcaster and former Paralympian)
- Tyler West (DJ and TV/radio presenter)
- Matt Goss (Musician)
- Ellie Taylor (Comedian and actress)
- Molly Rainford (Singer and actress)
- Tony Adams MBE (Football coach and former player)
- Fleur East (Musician and radio presenter)
- Hamza Yassin (TV presenter)
- James Bye (Actor)
- Helen Skelton (TV presenter)
Strictly Come Dancing professionals 2022
- Vito Coppola
- Carlos Gu
- Lauren Oakley
- Michelle Tsiakkas
- Kai Widdrington
- Nikita Kuzmin
- Giovanni Pernice
- Gorka Marquez
- Graziano Di Prima
- Johannes Radebe
- Neil Jones
- Cameron Lombard
- Amy Dowden
- Dianne Buswell
- Karen Hauer
- Katya Jones
- Nadiya Bychkova
- Nancy Xu
- Jowita Przystal
- Luba Mushtuk
Who are the Strictly Come Dancing 2022 couples?
The launch show was on Friday, September 23 and revealed the 2022 Strictly Come Dancing couples. They include two same-sex pairings. The full list is as follows:
- Heleon Skelton & Gorka Marquez
- Richie Anderson & Giovanni Pernice
- Ellie Simmonds & Nikita Guzman
- Kym Marsh & Graziano Di Prima
- Ellie Taylor & Johannes Radebe
- Matt Goss & Nadiya Bychkova
- Fleur East & Vito Coppola
- Molly Rainford & Carlos Gu
- James Bye & Amy Dowden
- Will Mellor & Nancy Xu
- Jayde Adams & Karen Hauer
- Tony Adams & Katya Jones
- Tyler West & Dianne Buswell
- Kaye Adams & Kai Widdrington
- Hamza Yassin & Jowita Przystal
Strictly Come Dancing judges 2022
- Anton Du Beke
- Shirley Ballas
- Motsi Mabuse
- Craig Revel Horwood
How to watch Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two
The Strictly Come Dancing spin off show, It Takes Two, returns from Monday, September 26 to curb that Strictly fever between live shows, with Rylan Clark and Janette Manrara hosting.
The show airs every weeknight to give you all of the behind the scenes exclusives. You can tune into BBC Two at 6.30pm BST Monday to Friday. Remember, you can watch free on the iPlayer (opens in new tab) live or on demand.
The sideshow is usually packed with training footage, interviews, opinions from the judges and much more, so for unseen behind the scenes extras, it’s worth tuning in.